AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS:
TOUCH FOOTBALL: Noosa Christian College currently runs Touch Football as our sport. There are currently teams for both boys and girls in most grades. After school training is one day a week with match games played on another designated day at the Noosa District Sports Complex, Butler Street, Tewantin.
Noosa Christian College has a weekly sports program (Term Sport) that continues through to Year 12, in addition to Physical Education studies.
Term 1: Students participate in skill-based activities that build their surf life saving skills.
Terms 2, 3 & 4: During the second semester, students are offered the choice of a variety of recreational sport options. In the past couple of years these have included a wide variety of sports including; Zumba, Bootcamp, Lazerzone, Soccer, Team Sports, Pilates, Ice-skating, Cable Wakeboarding and Beach Sports.
Annual school sporting carnivals held for the Secondary Campus of Noosa Christian College include;
1. Swimming Carnival – (Term 1) Students turning 12 – turning 18 years of age participate in the annual swim carnival held at 'Swim Fit' Nambour. All students are encouraged to participate in their age races and earn participation points for their House. Swimming events include; 50m & 100m Freestyle, 50m Breaststroke, 50m Backstroke, 50m Butterfly, 200m Individual Medley and 4x50m Freestyle Relay races.
2. Cross Country – (Term 2) The Cross country track passes through the bushland and semi-rainforest creek bed on campus and laps around the oval areas to the front of the campus before returning back to the bushland. Students complete different distances depending on their age; 3km: 12-13 Yrs - Girls/Boys, 4km: 14+ Girls, 14-15 Boys, 6km: 16+ Boys
To help students improve their fitness for the race and also learn the cross country course, training sessions are offered to all High School students outside school hours.
3. Athletics Carnival – (Term 3) Students turning 12- turning 18 participate in a variety of athletic and field events according to their age including; 100m Sprint, 200m Sprint, 400m, 800m, Long Jump, High Jump, Javelin, Shot Put and Discus.
NORTH DISTRICT SPORTING PATHWAY:
Noosa Christian College (NCC) is an affiliated member of the North District Sporting Association. This provides students with a pathway of opportunity to represent the College at District, Regional and State level competitions in a range of sports.
ADVENTIST SCHOOLS SPORTING ASSOCIATION (ASSA) GALA DAYS:
As a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Schools system in Australia, Noosa Christian College participate in Inter-School Gala Days with other Adventist schools in our region. These schools include: Tweed Valley Adventist College, Gold Coast Christian College, Brisbane Adventist College, Northpine Christian College and Darling Downs Adventist School.
* Offered to all students from Year 1 to 12
* Compete Wednesdays at Noosa Touch Association grounds at Tewantin
* Train Monday afternoons at Noosa Christian College
* Coaches for each division