Every student in Secondary (Year 7-12) at Noosa Christian College, is assigned a school laptop which is used in the class room and at home for school-based learning. The devices are lightweight tablets with protective carry bag and accessories are also provided.
The advantages of this program include;
- Any time learning – students are able to work on their laptops at any time and are not restricted to set periods of accessibility to computer labs on campus.
- The program is fully supported with technical maintenance, repairs and assistance.
- Computers are set-up with supplied applications that the students require for learning, for example; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Adobe creative suite.
- Insurance for accidental damage (ADP).
- Access to printing services.
- Access to College internet which is filtered and monitored with industry-standard software ‘CyberHound’ for the protection of the students online.
Terms and conditions;
As part of this program, students are provided with an induction covering online safety and acceptable use policy for online safety, and care of devices. A document containing the Terms and Conditions of the Laptop Program is available here to download. Please click on the image below.