Our new Secondary building opened for Term 4 2020 ... our Secondary College is growing! The new double storey building houses a commercial kitchen, servery eating area, four flexible learning classrooms, new amenities block, sports storage room, and an outdoor seating area. The walkways connect to our existing double storey Secondary building which houses science labs, drama and music rooms and a Year 12 student hub.
Year 7 students at NCC enjoy the following benefits:
- Students have a dedicated Year 7 teacher for some of the key areas of learning and students do not need to change classrooms as often as the higher grades do.
- Students are introduced to specialist area subjects and teachers in their first year of Secondary. This allows students to have quality teaching and learning experiences, while getting a taste of a broad range of subject areas.
- Year 7 students are provided with their own locker, intentionally located right outside their classroom to assist them in becoming familiar with the routine of using a locker.
- Every student is provided with a laptop that is fully equipped and resourced with all required software; accidental insurance and accidental damage protection; access to College controlled and filtered internet and also printing services.
- Students are placed in a ‘subject rotation’ system in Year 7 which allows every student to experience all areas of the curriculum. Practically, it means that your child studies specialist subject areas in the first 6 months (Semester 1), and then studies other specialist areas in the second 6 months (Semester 2).
Our Year 7 students also participate in the full Secondary sport program which includes 'Surf Lifesaving Skills' (Term 1) and elective recreational sports (Terms 2, 3 & 4).
Year 7 & 8 Subjects
To enrol your child for Year 7 for 2022, either call our College office for an enrolment pack or download an enrolment application form here. Either drop the form into our office or email it to our Enrolments Officer, Mrs Jacinta Benade at: firstname.lastname@example.org . A copy of our Prospectus can be downloaded here. If you would like to know more about our Secondary College, please contact our office. If you would like a campus tour with our College Principal, you can book by phoning 07 5447 7808.